Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Graduation & Pink Panther Socks

My apologies for the lack of posts in a while.

Rest assured, I keep knitting! and knitting, and knitting, and knitting.

It's my meditation and what keeps me sane.

The reason behind me playing blog-hooky is due to the insanity that insues when one has a child graduating from high school.

These are my two babies. Big C is almost 22. She graduated in 2013 and is still in school (in WI). Little C is almost 19 and just finished high school. He will be leaving our nest in September to attend a college across the river in St Paul.

Mr. Smarty Pants plans to study Actuarial Science. (Google it. I took two full years of Calculus in college, and his class load makes my head spin.)


On to knitting stuff!

I have several projects to share. Too much for one post so it is my plan to post every few days in the coming weeks instead of one huge post with 5,000,000 pictures.

Pink Panther Socks - Woop woop!

60sts, size US1 circulars (Carbons - the cable-to-needle transition is starting to bug me), slip stitich heel flap on half the stitiches, and a kitchnered toe.


These are from a skein of Desert Vista Dye Works that I bought three or four years ago.


I had a bad experience with a black stripe skein from DVD (major bleeding when soaked) so I was afraid to invest the time into another skein. A few weeks ago this pink & tan combo was calling to me so I dove right in.


I love how they turned out. I haven't washed them yet, but will watch them closely in the sink this time. Should be fine.

If you follow me on Instagram - @willowponddyeworks - you know I have several other projects in various stages of completion. Don't we all...

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along and Nicole's KCCO this afternoon.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Melissa


2 comments:

  1. How do you like the Carbon needles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really WANT to like them. The texture and "feel" of the needle is great for socks. The cord is soft and pliable, but the transition between them is abrupt and the yarn gets caught. I'm told not every set of Cabon Circs are like this, but it is common. I bought these at the Craft Market Easter weekend. I'm toughing it out for one more pair that I started last night. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete