Thursday, January 1, 2015

First Finish

As I vegged out,  feeling sick with a nasty cold, watching college football with Big Daddy today, I finished these socks.

The yarn is a Socks That Rock Mill End that was gifted to me in 2014.


The design is my own with one of my favorite stitches to use with variegated yarn.


Size 2 circular needles, cast on a multiple of 4 stitches (I used 56), 1 inch of 2X2 ribbing, the pattern stitch is: K into the 2nd stitch on the left needle, and without dropping it off the left needle, Knit into the 1st stitch, then drop both sts off the left needle, P2. Repeat this 4 st repeat all the way around.



I knit a slip st heel using half the sets, or 28.



I finished the sock by turning the heel, picking up the stitches along the heel flap, and continuing the foot in pattern on the top of the foot only. 


My good friend D made me these sparkly little stitch markers for Christmas. It took me a long time to get into the Christmas spirit this year, and these little jewels helped me get there. She is so sweet!



I haven't set any knitting goals for 2015 just yet, but I already have several requests so I will need to get started soon! 

Later!
M




















2 comments:

  1. Great looking socks! What an awesome first finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these socks. I am glad I could add some cheer to your holiday!

    ReplyDelete