Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wow. Back from a week away and we dive head first back into the Mach 2 speed of our lives. Sheesh!

We are relaxing at home today, recovering from a huge family wedding yesterday. Congrats and much love to K & D!

A couple of moments documented over the course of the week:


This snappy dude walked right down the sidewalk late Saturday afternoon. He stopped long enough for some pix, looked right at me as i lipped off to him, then made a quick exit into the lake.
We had our first of two fish fries on Sunday night. Mmmm...
 The first of two completed projects on Tuesday. A Summer Flies shawl out of my own crock pot dyed colorway which I call Painters Pants. I will post blocked photos soon. I need to order some blocking wires.

 Always a comfort to knit by the lake in your own hand knit socks! These are South Fork Socks I made with a Madelinetosh 1-ply.
A little light reading was also on my to-do list.
 Also on LittleC's....
 We monitored daily a pile of millings we think was being accumulated by carpenter ants in the walls of the cabin.


Sometimes fishing is a lot of work and naps happen in the most unusual of positions. Even while wearing rain gear with a Turtle Race hat on your belly.

I finished a second project that I cannot post as it is a gift for a special someone.

New on my the needles are a Little Shells shawl in another hand dyed colorway called Cotton Candy, and an Azzu's Shawl in Grape Popcicle. More pics to come!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very relaxing time was had by all. I love how the socks and the shawl turned out. Is that the shawl you were making for Big C with the yarn she picked the colors for?
    Oh and did you finish all of the books? That would be very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot of the turtle and I love your knitting.
    I had to do a second glance at your photo with the stack of books
    to see if you had been in my home [;)] as I have all of those here
    too. Have you read Left Neglected yet? I was wondering what you thought.
    I read it last year along with Still Alice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - In restrospect, I believe I ordered several of these titles from the library that summer asfter seeing them on YOUR blog!

      Delete
  3. Dee - I only FINISHED one book, Sheepish. I loved it and laughed out loud while reading! And the writer is local! I started several others, but in the relaxing environment of the lakeside cabin, they caused serious napping.

    Tracey - I used to devour books like Oreo cookies, but with two busy teenagers at home I seldom have the time to read much anymore. A week before we left to go on vacation I skimmed through several blogs I follow and ordered what THEY had in their hands.

    ReplyDelete