Thursday, August 23, 2012

Captain Claire
When she was five, I was a goddess. She wanted to wear my lipstick, high heeled shoes, and my perfume.
A few years ago I became the most ignorant, out of touch, creature she has ever met. We communicate by shouting, crying, hugging, laughing, talking, growling, and sometimes swearing at each other. Every day our relationship is something different. Sometimes fun, playful and loving, other times, angry, loud, and distant.
Hopefully someday soon, perhaps in between her twenties & thirties, she will realize I'm pretty freakin' smart, and that sometimes grown ups make mistakes too. Babies don't come home from the hospital with directions on "how to...".

For now I love her even though every time I say something she bites my head off and stomps away. I adore her from afar because snuggling with your Mom when your 17 is really not so cool. I praise her behind her back because my Mom-Friends understand where our relationship is "at".

This is my daughter, Claire. It was announced at the Senior Volleyball BBQ last night that she is a Captain this season. She seemed rather nonchalant about it, but I could not be more proud. She is my most greatest female accomplishment, and I love her to pieces.

More knitting updates coming Sunday!

Later!
M

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful, smart and amazing! I think she takes after her mom! Love you both :)

    ReplyDelete