Sunday, August 26, 2012

Emotional Rollercoaster

Today ended a very emotional week. 
I lost my Dad a little over 4 years ago. To make a long story short, he didn't take very good care of himself, and sadly, it ended up killing him. 
I drove the 97 miles to Poplar Hill Cemetery to pick up the pot of flowers at his grave marker this afternoon. I sat, talked to him a little, prayed with God a little, and knit a little. 
For a very short time, I was at peace. 
With myself, and with the world. 
There was no one else there, no one to interfere with my Serenity. 
This is never an easy trip for me emotionally. Memories, good and bad, flood in like mosquitos at dusk, biting and nipping at all my soft bits.
 
I miss my Dad like crazy. He was not a perfect man, and not the perfect father, but HE loved ME and I loved HIM. Sometimes that all that matters. My parents were very different people. My Dad understood me. He knew how to talk to me, and was never afraid to show me that he adored me. I LOVE that about my Dad. Some thought him soft, or weak, but I don't give a shit about that. My Dad knew how smart I was, and trusted I would make the best decisions for myself. My Dad was the one to say, 
"Missy, you just need to do what your heart tells you."

Today, my heart said "Be alone. Find some Peace."

Well I did. ThankYouVeryMuch.

Now, on the needles!

I started this Bubble Cowl with the gradient I dyed for my Knitting Buddy's Christmas Gift. Like I can keep a secret from HER. I might as well just post it.


 While in Madison in March I bough a skein of cashmere yarn to make this pair of Susie's Reading Mitts.
Notice the dreaded aluminum needles. I hate them, but could not get my hands on any US4 DPNs in bamboo without driving about 60 miles. Grrr....



 These are the most awesome socks I've made in a very long time, simply because I love the colors. BigC picked out the Kool Aid 'flavors' (Strawberry, Peach Mango, Pink Lemonade & Orange), and I dyed the yarn. I named it Bahama Mama.

 These Bold Beauties are SO appropriate for her!


We at the Casa are all looking forward to a quick week to pass. We have company coming Friday to join us on our annual trip to The Fair! Hurry Friday!

Later!
M
 

No comments:

Post a Comment