Sunday, November 18, 2012

Procrastination

For those of you that are my close friends, you know how crazy-wicked-busy our life is.

For those of you that don't know me so well, lets just say I am not fantastic at being "Susie Homemaker". I hold down a fast paced job 45-50 hours per week, 30 miles from home. I'm not here...A LOT. My husband is Chef Tell, Joe Taxi, Mr. Fix It, and Magic Mike all wrapped up into one man. We have two teenagers that keep us hopping. This photo was from the first day of school 2012. Important day for us: it was Claire's LAST FIRST day of high school (Senior), and Cruz's FIRST FIRST day of high school (Freshman). Feels like they were both in diapers just yesterday...NOTSOMUCH!



There are many new things on the needles and several finished/blocked items! So Exciting!

In order to maintain my own sanity I plan to mete them out over the course of the week.

Lets go back to my blog entry from July 22nd. I crock pot dyed the yarn for a Summer Flies Shawl but only posted the un-blocked photos. This little bugger blocked out fantastically. I love, love, love it.

I'm still getting the hang of using blocking wires. If you have any input/tips/advice please share your thoughts!


This Age of Brass & Steam Shawlette was also a quick vacation knit with my own hand dyed yarn. I Kool Aid dyed the yarn with Grape, Orange and Lemonade using mason jars in the microwave. FUN, FUN, FUN. Quick, instant satisfaction method of dying.






This last FO was a total BLAST to knit. 
I have never had so much fun. I somehow stumbled upon it on Ravelry and instantly knew I had to make one for my cousin Paul for Christmas. The beard pattern is a little difficult to follow at first, but once I started it made sense. If I knew the men in my family would wear them, I'd make many more in a HEARTBEAT. Its called Dwarven Battle Bonnet. I bought both patterns (I and II), used pattern II for the helmet itself, and the Original for the beard. I can't wait for Paul to open this!

Let me know what you think! 



 Superdad Victor (aka Big Daddy) is my model (victim). He said it was really warm!

Later Knitters!

M




No comments:

Post a Comment