Saturday, February 9, 2013

Yikes!

Long time, no blog!

I think I found a way to make the whole
"take high quality photos, upload them to my laptop, and blog about them"
a little bit easier. I started taking the photos with my phone. Let me know if you hate it.

I finished this Enamored shawlette for my bestie. It was originally supposed to be a Birthday gift for her July 30th, but I couldn't wait. She has been secretly oggling this Madelinetosh Merino Light in the Lichen colorway for about a year now. I found a onesie online ON SALE (can you imagine? Madelinetosh yarn? ON SALE?) and had no will power to wait casting it on.




 It's perfectly "her". A little dark, a lot soft, with some sparkle added in to make it (and her) Super Special.

I see her next Friday and can't wait until she wraps herself in it, and knows how much I love her!

Next up is a quick pick up at Amazing Threads. D's little Bear lost his Yoda hat, so I grabbed an easily washable yarn for her to make him another. I can't wait to see it.


Lastly, something for me. I've not been into knitting socks with sock yarn lately, but on a trip to 3 Kittens Needle Arts during D's last visit, I couldn't live without taking this yummy skein home. There is no 'Name' for this colorway of Ella Rae Lace Merino, but it was love at first sight. Blues and greens are my downfall. Its almost as bad as chocolate.


After spending an ENOrMOUS amount of time online looking for just the right pattern. I found a version of Sylvia Bo Bilvia's All About Love Shawl that I think will be perfect for me.


And the topper of the day is some family time. It is the Birthday of My Favorite Man. On schedule to celebrate? Pizza, cake, and Gopher Hockey. Just us and the kids, his favorite kind of day. You just gotta love this great Dad!

Later!
M


No comments:

Post a Comment