Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dee's Birthday Socks

My Super-Friend Dee turned 30 In July.

I made her two pairs of socks for this very special occasion.

First came a pair of TreeBeard Socks. She has been salivating over this pattern for years and I have been working on dying the yarn myself, looking for just the right color. I finally found it online and got the socks going. Sheesh.





 I love, love love the Heritage Silk Paints by Cascade. A pleasure to knit with. The pattern was a little busy for me, but easy to knit once I found a way to keep track of where I was.

The other pair of socks I knit for Dee's Special Day was a pair of Hermione's Every Day Socks in Koigu KPPPM. Absolutely fantastic yarn to knit with and this pattern knit up in a flash. Easy to memorize, I knit these up quickly in 2-3 days while on vacation in July.




Koigu KPPPM is Dee's most favorite yarn. She is slowly but surely converting me into a high-twist yarn lover!

Later,
M

1 comment:

  1. I love both of my pairs of socks!!!! It was the best gift ever!!! Thank you! I love you so much lady! :)

    ReplyDelete