Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Look, socks!

Just a quick update, as I am blogging from work this morning.

I took a few pics out on the deck last night. It has been opressively hot and humid here for the past 10 days or so. Not too much time is spent outside. Gross.

Plain stockinette stitch sock in a Socks That Rock mill end I bought last year.


 
The colors in the photo don't show the contrast in the skein. The rust is drab, and the pink really pops. These are fun.
 


My new favorite little ditty bag was a Mothers Day gift from my daughter.


My Favorite Five Year Old will has a tonsilectomy schedlued for next month. The surgical prep list states to bring a pair of warm socks. He has requested hand knit ones (love this kid!). His mother and I have both obliged.
 
 

48 stitches on size 1 needles in a Regia Ombre I found online a couple months ago. I'm tempted to look for another few skeins in this colorway. I'd like a pair for myself, because a girl can never have too many socks!
 

The funky geraniums I planted this spring finally took off. I love, love, love the colors!
 
 



That's all for now, quick and dirty. Hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday!

Joining with Ginny this morning.

Later!

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. I love that Reggia! I am so tempted to find a skein for myself. but I can't..... or maybe I can?
    Hope all goes well with the little one's tonsils. Hand knit socks can work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that colourway looks EXCELLENT as socks. What a lucky 5 year old indeed. I might have to look for some myself.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete