Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Fall socks update

Working residents in the Midwest are accustomed to the concept of  "dark when you leave for work, dark when you get home from work".

Thus I have resorted to taking all of my knitting photos over the weekends when I am home during daylight hours. Merp.

I finished these self striping sock on SSYC's Poste yarn. I knit them on size 1 circulars in my preferred size of 56sts with an afterthought heel.



Although not exactly perfect. I love them.


I started these cotton socks some time over a year ago and in a bit of a FINISH SOMETHING! moment, I knit the second sock. They were knit on size 2 circulars in Cascade Ultra Pima Paints, which is one of my favorite yarns to knit with.





My Christmas cactus has bloomed without any effort. I didn't have to move it to the cooler basement or back off on watering it. Squee!


I haven't worked on this shawl AT ALL. I'm thinking about frogging it. The longer I stare at it, the less I like it.


I am looking so forward to the Thanksgiving holiday. My son is flying to Phoenix for the week to visit family, and my daughter is come home for a week to hang with us. Days full of coffee, cooking, cocktails, cards, and tamale making!

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along and Nicole's KCCO this morning!

Happy Thanksgiving Friends!

Melissa

4 comments:

  1. They look pretty perfect to me, love the fall colour ones especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful thanksgiving. so nice to have family come home...enjoy! those socks are gorgeous! what pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many pretty knits!! I love the colorway of the first pair of socks :)

    ReplyDelete