Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Change is good.








These words rarely ever come out of my mouth.
Change is my LEAST favorite thing. Good or bad, change scares me.

After several years of eating the same things, getting into routines of eating crappy food and always in a hurry, I decided I need to change. I'm not the one who does all the cooking in our house. This will not be an easy task.


Breakfast seemed like a good place to start.


My son has been on a lifting program with a buddy, and asked for a smoothie type blender for protein shakes. So I ordered a Ninja.


I've been drinking green smoothies for breakfast for nine days now and the difference is already measurable; in my energy level, weight and pants size.

Next on my list is to get my husband involved. I can't do this alone, and he needs to do it as bad as I do.

On to knitting stuff!


I finished these super fun socks.


This yarn was a dream to work with and the colors are so vibrant and saturated.








This Araucania yarn has been in my stash for several years. My daughter did a geography report on Chile and my Mom purchased this yarn for her to display with her tri-fold board.


This Campside pattern has been in my queue for months and I was dying to get this started.


It's 100% Alpaca and very, very itchy on my skin.


Some of my favorite stitch markers from my knitting buddy.

Sadly I frogged this project last night. The yarn has too much light/dark contrast resulting in the stitch pattern getting lost. I will definitely try it again with a semi-solid/tonal yarn.

I have seven skeins of this yarn (770yds.) and need to make something that will not touch my neck. I will need to make mittens with it or chose a different shawl pattern to gift or sell.



This skein of self striping yarn that I dyed a couple weeks ago has been calling me from the bookshelf across the room. Shouting to me, really.









I wasn't a fan of the fawn color at first, but its growing on me.



Even looks a little Holiday-ish! (And Oooooh, glitter polish!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects this week!

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along and Nicole's KCCO today.

Later!

Melissa


20 comments:

  1. I so understand the need for some healthier eating. Hubby and I have been on different schedules and our dinner meals have been fast food or restaurant food as we are too tired to cook. I have to plan better for next year. I love the yarn you used for those socks. Beautiful. I hope you find something to use that beautiful purple yarn on. Itchy is annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely a meat & potatoes family. Baby steps will help us learn better eating habits.

      Delete
  2. good for your for eating healthier! I've slipped some this year and need to reboot. To bad that yarn is itchy...its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn won't be itchy to SOMEONE out there! I just need to find her.

      Delete
  3. I am tempted to try the green smoothies but the color turns me off. I heard they don't taste so terrible though. I love your striped yarn. It looks great so far. And speaking of great those socks are so pretty. I love both the pattern and the color of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let the color scare you. We added baby kale to our smoothies this week and I still can't taste it! My issue is the texture. Thanks for all your kinds words and for stopping by my blog again. You always have such nice things to say!

      Delete
  4. So much color in your knitting! Love it! And congrats on changing your knitting habits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knit socks are typically loud with color. Everything else is relatively muted colors. THanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Ooh love that yarn. I finished my first sock today and quickly cast on the second so I don't lose steam haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've begun to knit socks 2 at a time as I get Second Sock Syndrome! Good luck with your socks and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. That self striping yarn is awesome! Actually, I love all your projects. The purple shawl is so pretty :-) We LOVE green smoothies here. It is the easiest way for me to get my kids to eat their greens. They are requested a lot, and when I add yogurt, my kids think it is ice cream :-) Mean mama that I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom's need to be sneaky sometimes!
      I dyed the self striping yarn a couple weeks ago and love it too. THanks!

      Delete
  7. You are amazing. :) Love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like my Ninja blender! I’m a big fan of smoothies-any kind! Your strip yarn is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son loves the Ninja too. Even getting HIM to eat some veggies. Go MOM!

      Delete
  9. My blender broke a few months ago and I am missing my smoothies! Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blenders, juicers etc are one sale big time this season. Bite the bullet and get a new one. You won't regret it!

      Delete
  10. I knitted campsite recently and adore it, I hope you find your yarn match. I used a bamboo blend in a dark solid colour. I love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have anything in mt stash that will work for the Campsite pattern, so it will have to wait until after Christmas. THanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete