Sunday, March 17, 2013

Decisions Decisions...

I fell in love with and bought two skeins of this Madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted in the Mansfield Garden Party colorway at my LYS last December. The bright shots of pink & gold, and subtle transitions of lavender, blue and sage was something I just could not resist.

This yarn screamed Spring Cowl to me. I hemmed and hawed, printed and swatched, over and over again. I finally settled on this Tiny Flowers Cowl. Funky stitches like this Risotto Stitch blend all of the colors into a calm, non-stripey product. Several projects I started looked like clown barf where some colors pooled while others striped. Not. Cool.

Now the decision making part: I bought TWO skeins, remember?





I have used slightly more than half the yarn. I added the second skein about three rounds ago. Should I stop here, add the edging and pray I have enough for a pair of fingerless mitts to match? Or, do I continue in pattern and make the cowl much wider?





 I slipped all the stitches onto waste yarn and tried it on. I LOVE IT. And decided to continue in pattern for the wider cowl. Oh my gosh I love this cowl.






I have another project close to completion that I plan to finish first, but will hopefully get back to this today. We have more snow coming here in bright, sun-shiney MN so I should have some time on my hands before shoveling later today.

Later Knitters!

M


1 comment: