Sunday, March 10, 2013

Family Day Sunday

Today's Family Plans didn't exactly pan out, but I'm trying to get over it.

We had planned on all 4 of us going to see a movie together yesterday (Wizard of OZ remake, my uber fave!), but a trip into work for Victor and some time at the driving range for Cruz made our movie time frame too narrow. Today was going great until I read some comments on one of my daughter's FB posts. She is all about giving all the parenting credit to her Dad, and leaves me standing there with an empty heart, as if I have no part in her life. Without going into the details, lets just say I'm the Bad Cop Parent, and my husband gets to be the Good Cop Parent. Those of you with older teens or adult children will understand where she and I "are at" in our relationship. Regardless, it makes me feel like crap, she knows it, and will ruthlessly use it against me at every turn because she knows it hurts. Gotta love 18 year old girls...

Moving on!

I finished a Baby Chalice Blanket as a favor for a friend. She has many, many friends with babies on the way, so I thought I would offer to help. I love knitting with cotton, and as a Mom, washing (and bleaching) a cotton item is so very convenient. I enjoyed making this project very much.






My Hawaiian Twist socks have been calling me, so I picked them up again last night after I laid out the blanket to dry. I finished the leg last night, and worked the heel flap and heel this morning. They're absolutely yummy and I can't wait until I can wear them!






I fully understand how self-striping yarn works and that this sock would be best knit with an afterthought heel so that the striping looks "right".

I hate that about hand knit socks.

I like to see what the yarn does. That's art, "Perfect" socks can be duplicated, and I'm not interested in that.

Thanks for visiting!

Later Knitters!

M





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping with the baby blankets! Yours looks stunning.
    I love the socks as well. I cannot wait to see the finished product!
    I was a brat at 18. My mom hated me at that age. :(

    ReplyDelete