Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crisp Sunday Wake-UP

I woke this morning to one of the most beautiful things Minnesota weather can provide: Hoarfrost.

I took the picture of the cardinal from inside the house because the crab tree is so close to the front door. He would have bailed.






We spent all day yesterday at my son's wrestling tournament. He took 4th place in his 120lb weight class. He did not advance to the State Wrestling tournament, but as a freshman I think he learned a lot and will be much more prepared next year.

As my kids get older I constantly find myself stepping back and looking at my kids from "outside" my role as their Mom. This is much easier to do when my kids are with other kids in a public/social setting. What I appreciate most about my two children is that they are not afraid or embarrased to acknowlege the love their Grandma, Aunts and Uncles have for them in a public place. Hugs and kisses are the norm and they EAT. IT. UP.

This is my son after receiving his 4th place medal yesterday. He walked straight over and shared his reward with his Dad. Love them!



And a snap of our boy on the podium.





I will post more knitting stuff later today! I knit a lot while at the tournament!

Later Knitters!
M

1 comment:

  1. You have an amazing family. I am so glad we are a part of it!

    ReplyDelete