Saturday, April 13, 2013

Two Little Things

I made a quick pair of baby booties for my cousin Jenny's new baby daughter, Sydney.

They were super easy, and took less than an hour to make. Syd's Mom Jenny loved them.



In my Mom's UnderTheBed (hidden?) storage bin I found a skein of Dream in Color laceweight yarn (Sour Pear colorway). In the same bag was the pattern she must have received with it, Flyaway vest.

Truth: I started the vest and hated it, so I changed it a little, and I still hated it. So I frogged it.

This is a photo of what I had started.


I didn't like that the edge was a P3K1 rib and that the purl side faces out. I'm a KNITTER because I like the way KNIT stitches look. I'm not a PURLER. Purl stitches on the outside of a project is not my favorite.

I will keep looking for something to make with this yarn. The color is unexpected, but fantastic.

Later Knitters!

M

1 comment:

  1. I hate the purl stitch too! Its ugly! I love the yarn as well. Its very earthy.

    ReplyDelete