Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Stripe Obsessed

I've bought many skeins of self striping yarn in the past 6-8 months.

These skeins of HDYarns are my UBER favorite. I want ALL of them.


Yeah, yeah, yeah, I could dye them myself. But I HAVE a full time job and I'm more than happy to support small batch Indie Dyers. Rich & Vanie do great work and I am SURE to buy more when they restock.

I ordered these CupCakes in June, with much anticipation, planning to knit them during our family fishing vacation in July. I had started another pair of cotton socks a few weeks before we left to go "Up North", so I didn't get to these until Monday (or Tuesday) of our vacation week.


I snuck in some cast-on time a few days before we left town.


A new 31 bag to carry it with me for the week. I put an "M" on it so that my daughter "C" didn't mistakenly take it back to school.






I can knit a pair of top-down socks in my sleep. These toe-up-with-a-heel-flap socks were dicey.



Thank goodness I had several Jack Reacher novels on my kindle. I ripped out the (purple) heel section and re-knit it four times before I got the fit just right.






They match my blue toenails! 




Finally finished a few days later!


I finally weaved in the ends, washed them up, and laid them out last night




I pay the price for letting things sit.
 I'm pretty lazy and tend to procrastinate. That's how I roll.
Can you see how the sun from my front window bleached out the purple?


 But I love, love, love them!


This is my husband and daughter. Photo taken from another boat on the lake.

I will be linking my Tuesday evening post to Ginny's Knit Along and maybe Tami's blog tomorrow morning.

Later!

M




13 comments:

  1. Your socks are awesome!
    I absolutely love the stripes :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I wear "fun" socks under my black slacks to work in the winter time. These will be great for some of the super cold days we have.

      Delete
  2. Love these socks- they just make me happy!
    Fun colors and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I've followed your blog for quite a while now. I'm honored!

      Delete
  3. They are beautiful, I love the bright colours perfect for a dreary day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm not one to make "quiet" socks. The bright colors make me happy.

      Delete
  4. Those socks are amazing! I love them. I bet you can't wait to cast on another pair. Stripes are just so addicting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I appreciate your comments when you visit. You always have such nice things to say.

      Delete
  5. Strips are so fun! Sometimes I find myself knitting a pair of socks that aren't striped and being slightly disappointed. hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get in "moods" when I knit. Always with too many things on the needles, my choices are vast when I sit down to knit. Right now I'm in a self-striping-sock mode.

      Delete
  6. I wish I was brave enough to try socks. My friend does wonderfully at them, but just watching her knit them makes MY head hurt. Maybe in time? Love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete