Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pushing through.

There's a point to this, so bear with me. And there's pretty pictures at the end. I promise!

The last week or so have been difficult at my day job. My Controller has been on vacation for 8 days and our FT receptionist is on maternity leave. That means I'm responsible for my work, her work, all while covering the phones of a very busy car dealership. After several days of 12-13 hours of work and a 35 mile commute I was just about done. Just done. Ready to walk.

Last Thursday one of our regular customers came in for a car wash. On the surface he seems to struggle with every move he makes. Arm braces, hip brace, and leg braces help his limbs to be rigid enough for walking and DRIVING!

I was texting with my husband while at the reception desk, whining about my day when Craig walked in. I found someone to run his car through the wash and he stood by me for a chat that lasted about 1-15 minutes.

Upon his departure I mentally leapt OUT of my pity-pot and decided to push through these next few days of being very, very short staffed. If Craig can get out of bed every day, gear up with his numerous physical disablilities, I can suck it up for a few more days at work.

So lets talk about knitting!

A few weeks ago I dyed these.


I've had a heck of a time deciding whether I should make a shawl out of ALL of them, or make socks out of EACH of them.


They definitely have a jewel-tone/holiday-ish feel to them and the longer I looked at them the more I wanted a colorwork shawl for the holidays.

I bought a five-pack of patterns from Melanie Berg. This is the beginning of Ashburn.


I had to take these photos last Sunday. (I was keenly aware that I would not be home again during daylight ours until after work on Thursday. Yuk.)


This little secret garden on the West side of our house holds two chars for me to choose from: one IN the herb garden itself, and one up on the porch for when the bugs get too hungry.


Color B is introduced several times in this first third of the pattern.




I also blocked the Dangling Conversation shawl I finished last week, but need some daylight to photograph it properly.


Regular followers will remember Victor and I had an anniversary last week (#22 yikes!)

All skeins are $22 or less with free shipping.

Stop by for the sale. I would love to earn your business!

Hooking up with Nicole & KCCO, and  Ginny's Yarn Along.

Later!

Melissa













7 comments:

  1. Luscious colours! Hope next week is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours are amazing together and they are going to make a stunning Ashburn.
    Have a good rest of the week at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great story and really puts things in perspective doesnt it? The shawl is looking so pretty! love those little pops of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those will make a wonderful Ashburn (which is on my list as well). I just love how those turned out. Hang in there - I hate when my days at work are like that. We are short on staff always and it can be quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - when things are put in perspective, we often then realize how lucky we actually are. lovely yarn, and the shawl will be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh look at those colours! Lovely work - I hope the week has improved.

    ReplyDelete