Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Summertide finished!

I completed the SummertideMKAL. I really like it. I even wore it to work on Monday.


The size is perfect for me to wear to the office. I will be browsing Etsy for a simple shawl pin soon, though. It kept slipping off my shoulder. Any suggestions?


I'm not quite sure everything lines up properly, or if its the way I blocked the shawl. Regardless, the little kitty-wompus-ness between Clues 2 & 3 is not noticed while being worn.


While I love the color and depth of color in the yarn, I find myself disliking another large-scale yarn producer that I have had great fondness for in the past..


I spent the extra money to buy this Madelinetosh at my LYS instead of purchasing online. I'm a huge proponent of buying local and supporting small businesses (One of my favorite things about being a knitter).

This was one of THREE knots that were in the two skeins I purchased for this project. I discussed this with the Shop Owner, and have come to a resolution, but find myself one step closer to just dying my own yarn for all my projects. The bigger yarn producers get, the crappier their products become. Cutting corners to make profits is a poor choice.


 
I started a pair of Opal socks (I know, shocking) for my son last night, then had a little bit of a family crisis to work on so I didn't get any pics taken. I will hopefully have some progress to report on soon!
 
Linking up for Yarn Along and KCCO today.
 
Happy Hump Day!
 
Melissa
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. That shawl is stunning! I love Mad Tosh and have never had a knot in mine. I am surprised to hear that. I would email them as well to let them know. That's not cool at all. For the money you pay for that, not acceptable in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We worked something out, just doubtful I'll every buy it again.

      Delete
  2. I know that they will replace it if you e-mail them. I don't mind a single knot, and I know that there is some industry standard for what is acceptable, but I have only once had a skein that I was using for a design with a deadline, and it had three knots. I e-mailed them, and they replaced it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous shawl- how talented are you? I bet this will be a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already is! I love the way the ends curl when I wear it. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete