Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Girly Socks


It was 60+ degrees here in MN today! Sooooo nice to be outside!

I have a bug to knit Spring-y colored things. Bad.

The first of these Murano Socks is finished. 


This is Hedgehog Fibers Sock in the Holly Jolly colorway.




In the pre-Thanksgiving shipment from my Mom there was also two skeins of one-ply fingering.
 

With the first skein (Madelintosh Merino Light) I started a hat on US6 circular needles, magic loop style, pulling from both ends of the skein.


I'm keeping it in this adorable vintage fabric Spud & Chloe bag.


The fabric is just lovely. It reminds me of my Grandmother's hand made pillow cases. I'm not thrilled with the string tie though. Thinking I will replace it with some ribbon. I think even my well-loved measuring tape would be cute. 
 

I'm loving how the hat is coming out. It will be great for Spring evening walks.


Reading: Yay! As a Kindle owner, I seldom read a book with ACTUAL PAGES! What a treat!

Pacing myself through the stories of Clara Parkes's, Knitlandia was a good idea. Now that my son has started spring golf practice I have a little alone time at home after work each day. I treat myself to ONE story & some peace before my husband comes home and we start making supper. 

Linking up with Nicole's KCCO & Ginny's Yarn Along this week. I can't wai to see what y'all have goin' on!

Later!

Melissa



 

7 comments:

  1. What pretty yarn. It just yells "Springtime"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn is so gorgeous! And I love the bag you are keeping it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh all your yarn is just so pretty and full of life - perfect spring knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yarn bag!!! :) It is super cute. Your socks are perfect for spring and Easter. Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty coloured socks, very Spring-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome yarn. Those colors look more spring-like to me than Christmasy. Very sweet bag!

    ReplyDelete