Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lightening Speed

This skein of self-striping goodness from SSYC was yet another gift from my Mom.

At first I wasn't too excited about the color combo as it had been re-skeined, so I knit a few other things from the shipment first.


This is Poste Yarn from SSYC in the Ghost Town colorway.


Once this yarn was on the needles I coun't knit them fast enough.


You know, when you have a little contest with yourself inside your head; "Just one more stripe and I'll start the laundry."

Yep. That's me.


I knit them OAAT but still managed to get the striping pretty darn close.

That same gifted-shipment from my Mom contained this skein of Hedgehog Sock in the Holly Jolly colorway.


The temps jumped to over 50 degF last weekend in the Twin Cities and I needed a little Spring pick-me-up.
 

The twisted rib cuff is very, very pretty. Just not sure I like how they look on my leg :/ I'm not a fan of purl stitches on the right side of my projects. Plus, The color washes me out.


And, yes again, my reading glasses. I need them for almost everything 'up close' right now. Perhaps its time for a visit to the eye doctor.

As Wedensday approaches, I once again look so forward to what everyone has going on!

Linking with Nicole's KCCO today & Ginny's Yarn Along tomorrow!

Later!

Melissa



8 comments:

  1. Love both of the yarns that you used. I'm in the Twin Cities as well. It was a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely present from your mum - and those stripes are incredible - I can see why you couldn't put them down until they were finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are lovely! I love the vibrant colors and the striping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self striping yarn can be dangerous and that just one more row is addicting!Such great color ways you are knitting with...so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with those stripes. Orange and turquoise are one of my favorite color combos. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely socks! The stripes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that second yarn is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your knitting is so beautiful! I love the socks. I just recently knit my very first pair of socks, and they were so much easier than I anticipated. Now I'm ready to start another pair!

    ReplyDelete