Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Spring Hats


Happy Tuesday everyone! 

We've enjoyed a few warm days here in the Midwest, but it was short lived. This week brings cooler temps and lots of rain. A Negative Nancy by nature, I do my best to stay positive and remind myself of how GREEN things will become very soon! 

I have a couple cute little Spring hats to share with you. 

Close up pictures of other knitters' work are my favorite (macro ?). The green needles are Knit Picks Caspian Interchangeables. My new favorite needles. The transitions are smooth and the cables are soft, flexible, and forgiving.

The yarn is Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light held double on size US6 circular needles.


This is the first time I've knit a hat on a circular needle magic loop style.

Soooo much easier! 



I had plenty of yarn left to make a loose pom pom for each hat. The loose, informality of it feels very sweet & old fashioned.


I am very fair skinned so the yellow hat washes me out.


The pink one I LOVE. I knit it a little shorter than the yellow one so it fits more like a beanie.
 

If you've followed my blog you know I've been burnt by 1-Ply yarns. This time I had a very different experience These skeins of Tosh Merino Light were a pleasure to knit with, no knots or joins, and just enough twist to it to keep it together.


These were a gift, but I definitely won't hesitate to buy more in the future.

Lovely, just lovely.

I look forward to our weekly link-up updates. I actually have time tomorrow to peruse through everyone's projects! Yay me!

Ginny's Yarn Along & Nicole's KCCO, ready or not, here I come!

Later!

Melissa 

10 comments:

  1. I love the yarn you used on those hats! So pretty! And we had some lovely spring weather last week as well...unfortunately now it is cold and dreary in Maine, and I am wishing for those warmer temps again! Too much rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring hats are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cheerful little hats! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats knit on magic loop circular style is my preferred method. I have been teaching that to my students lately and they love it. That yarn is so pretty. Mad Tosh is just wonderful. We had a taste of spring last week and now it's cold again. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the yarn you used. It kind of reminds me of Funfetti cake mix (which is my favorite!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty hats . . . I love the yarn. We forget sometimes that Spring is still a bit nippy and a hat is a very good idea.
    This is my first time to your blog. I came here from Cindy the Bee Lady's blog, she is a sweetie.
    Have a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pretty hats!! I love the yarn! I've just bought my first Tosh yarn (I got the DK) - still trying to figure out what I want to make with it...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the speckled yarn! I keep seeing knitters using it, but I have yet to get my paws on some. Maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hats look so good! I love the speckled yarn colors, they're perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your yarn and I love those pom poms!

    ReplyDelete