Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The day that got away.

Days that completely get away from me are my least favorite things in the world. Yesterday was one of them.

Surprise! I was given a special project at work yesterday, monopolizing my entire afternoon, leaving me dreading the entire purpose; a business trip to Chicago in two weeks.

With the owner of the company.
With whom I don't get along with very well.
With whom I have nothing in common.

Ugh.

So I decided to make the best of it. I will drive instead of fly, and visit family on my way back through Wisconsin! Yay!

Our community also had a major power outage this morning, thus I had no lighting to update my project photos this morning.

I'm on a roll. NOT!

I worked on this last Sunday.


I recieved this trunk from my husband's cousin who is doing a little downsizing.

I'm not sure if I took a bafore picture. Let me look....

Kind of! Here is what the inside looked like BEFORE. Blue/green paper peeling off the wooden inside.


I cleaned it, sanded it, and glued in some old maps I had in storage and filled in the rest with kraft paper. I still need to tone the color down a little. I think I'll wash it with some grey or black paint, then seal it. It's not for keepsake items. I want to store all the blankets that float around our family room in it.


My HDYarns socks are coming along! This Picture Rocks colorway has a 12 color repeat. Very fun to knit. We're going on a road trip this weekend so I will have plenty of time to finish them.

Joining up with Ginny & Nicole today.

Later!

M

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you finished this beautiful old trunk. And, your socks are so lovely in their bright colors!

    ReplyDelete