Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Whew...I made it

 
Yikes. What a week!
 
I am an accountant by trade. I work full time at a Lincoln dealership in the Twin Cities. Auto dealerships now days face many audits over the course of a fiscal year. So far in 2015 I've prepped and dealt with a Lincoln Rebate audit, Union Health Insurance audit, Lincoln Service Warranty review, and a Union Pension audit. All in less than 75 days. Sheesh.
 
Yesterday was the last of it. I celebrated with tequila.
 
 
 
I finished my Sixes & Threes Cowl by Louet last Saturday afternoon. Simple, simple pattern. Very well written. I learned a lot (jogless stripes & grafting more than just the toe of a sock) and will definitely make it again. The next version will be much bigger. I'm not a fan of things this close to my neck.
 
Ans sorry no face in the photo. I had not showered yet. Gross.
 



Since I was taking bust pictures I snapped one with my Christmas gift from Dee. Made with bamboo yarn, this close-to-my-neck item is more comfortable.



 
I showered not long after these photos and gussied up for a Gala Dinner fundraiser for our local Catholic School. Was a grand time sharing memories, a yummy supper, and too many cocktails.
 
I fell in love with these hand crafted frames so Big Daddy bid on them at the auction part of the evening for me.
 
 


They will look great in the guest room. Hanging them is one of out Honey-Do items this coming weekend.
 
 


Along with a little sock washing. I'm almost out!



 
I stepped out on the deck wearing these...
 
 

To take pictures of these!
 
 

They are the beginnings of toe-up sock with yarn from HDYarns on Etsy. This is my second skein from Vanie and I couldn't be more excited. The colors are true, the base yarn is squishy yet strong, and they wash up like a dream.

Joining Ginny for the Yarn Along this morning & Nicole for KCCO. Happy Humpday Ladies!

Later,

M

12 comments:

  1. Really fun and colorful socks- They make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love bright colors mixed with drab colors. They seem to POP that much more.

      Delete
  2. Perfect colors for the summer! I am glad the Bamboo yarn makes the cowl more comfortable. Next time I will remember you do not like things so close to your neck. You would think I would know from your knitting habits! Oh well! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still looking for the perfect top to wear it with. I have my eyes on a light cotton sweater at, where else?. J Jill!

      Delete
  3. love those socks (I do the same thing....let those socks pile and pile and pile....and then mega-washing day!!!)!....and that's a great project bag, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO have my favorites, so force myself to wear all my socks before I wash them.
      And I love my 31 bags, addicted to them almost. I have to order them monogrammed though, or they seem to disappear every time my daughter visits.

      Delete
  4. Ah - audits! My favorite thing. I'm a controller for a boat company so it's similar here too. I love those frames! What beautiful sock yarn you are knitting with! I'm off to go check out that Etsy shop now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to get the frames up. Will be interesting though. They are different sizes, different orientations (portrait/landscape), and two razor mounts on the back of each. I might cheat and wire the backs of both.

      Delete
  5. I really like the cowl and would love to knit the pattern, I need to learn jogless stripes.
    I would have bid on those frames too, they are great. { My Dad and his Dad were both Big Daddy's!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Big Daddy is not tall, but has a Budha-belly, thus the name. He's a tough bear of a man that's pretty soft on the inside. Gotta love our Big Daddys!

      Delete
  6. Wow look at all those wonderful socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Evelyn! I follow your blog too. We love, love, love our socks, don't we!?

      Delete