Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Mood Lighting

Okay, well maybe just mood-y lighting. I prefer to take my project photos outside, but as it has been raining forever all day, that is just not possible.

My Sister in Law, Pam, is anticipating a new granddaughter next month. An avid photographer, she was looking to get her hands on some props for her new arrival's super-girly photo shoot.

She showed me several ideas she fell in love with on Pintrest, and I found the patterns on Ravelry.

I crocheted a couple different size cocoons for her before she left town in June. I didn't get the opportunity to take photos of these before she left with them, but they are both so snuggly and sweet!

I found this yarn before I picked out the pattern. Pattons Kroy Socks in Spring Meadow, on size 4 needles, in Autumn Forest Gnome Hat. Easy peasy! I finished this while watching the PGA Championship with Big Daddy last Sunday.



There's more blue than I anticipated, but enough color contrast that if she takes black & white shots, the stripes will still be visible.


The mermaid tail was soo much fun! I usually don't knit with synthetic yarns (Red Heart sport weight), but when you plan to put a baby in it...maybe without a diaper...well lets just say this can go in the washing machine repeatedly.



Rows and rows of scales work up so quickly, too cool!
 

 I'm pretty sure this one is my favorite. A Princess Headband. Squee!


This one was a bit of a challenge. The pattern isn't fussy, but its written for so many sizes I had to lock myself in the bathroom with the pattern to figure out what I was doing.

I look forward to sharing Pam's photos with you once the baby comes!

Thanks so much for your compliments and encouraging words regarding my most recent dye batch. You are all so very kind and your input is so important. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Willow Pond Dyeworks will be featured on the Maine Knitting Cruises 52 Skeins giveaway in the coming weeks. I'm very excited and honored to be an Indie Dyer contributor.

Looking forward to everyone's progress this week. Joining Ginny  & Nicole once again!

Later,

Melissa




22 comments:

  1. Those are some of the cutest baby knits I've every seen. That crown is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! With two older kids (18 & almost 21), they were so fun to knit!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the first hat! And the mermaid tail and crown are too sweet. Such fun knits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some truly beautiful baby knits, loved the mermaid tail and the crown is a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mermaid tail was SO easy! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. What lovely baby knits. Can't wait to see them on a real baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She can't come soon enough. I love baby girls!

      Delete
  5. Love all the baby knits, esp the princess headbands. Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a challenge. Knitting baubles is NOT my favorite!

      Delete
  6. What cute baby knits! I hope we get to see them in action soon. I especially love the mermaid hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Girl is coming next month. I can't wait!

      Delete
  7. Lovely gifts for the baby, I especially love the mermaid tail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. I appreciate your visit. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. What sweet baby knits! I can't pick a favourite. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that little mermaid tail is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that mermaid tail, such cute projects. The yarn for the hat is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using self striping sock yarn for hats. You kinda know whats going to happen...and kinda not!

      Delete
  11. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your mermaid Tail! I know someone who has to KNIT one for her new friends baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete