Sunday, February 14, 2016

Fuscia Charade Socks

I'm not such a prolific knitter that I'm able to complete a project every week. That would be silly. 

I merely have so many works in progress that it could be years before they are all complete. Tee Hee.

These Fuscia Charade Socks are in my own hand dyed, knit magic loop style on US1 circulars.


It was an experiment in how to use saturated colors with a 'tonal' skein concept. 


I'm loving how they turned out!


 I knew without a slip stitch or something similar this skein would either pool or stripe. So...they kinda stripe and kinda don't.



Today is Valentines Day in the U.S.. I made Red Velvet Waffles for my family this morning that weren't a total failure, but no flowering success either.


I short-cutted a waffle mix with Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix, added a few extra egg whites, and went for it.


They tasted great, but fell flat (literally), not crunchy on the outside like we (our family) prefer our waffles. Once plated they looked like a red cupcake you stomped on with a boot. 

BUT, it was the thought that counts, my family appreciated my efforts, we all laughed it off and shared a lovely breakfast. Thank goodness I raised children with a sense of humor.

The next pair of socks on my needles are Turtle Purl Glitter& Stripes in the 'What Does it Mean?' colorway.


These are once again magic loop style, 2 at a time, on US1 circulars.
 

Snacking and watching movies with my Sweetie this afternoon.
 

I'm hoping to find some extra time this week to see what everyone is working on.

Linking up with Nicole's KCCO on Tuesday & Ginny's Yarn Along on Wednesday.

Later!

Melissa
 
 

10 comments:

  1. OOH-those are some yummy socks! I love your FO pair (those colors are delicious!) and the glitter + the rainbow in the TurtlePurl is very enticing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your yarn is gorgeous, such vibrant colours and the pattern suits it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh glittery rainbow socks!! I love your fuchsia yarn too - such lovely strong colours, perfect to chase the grey away from the winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love that Turtle Purl yarn. I think it's more fun to have lots of projects going on at once. Makes for less boredom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice! Can't wait to see those rainbow socks take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sock yarn is AWESOME! It looks so pretty! I have tons of projects going at once, then I can knit whatever I want whenever...of course I rarely finish projects, which is a goal of mine this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo glittery rainbow socks! They're looking wonderful already. I really like the first pair too, gorgeous coloured yarn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of knitting two socks at the same time. I look forward to seeing them finished. Where did you get that pattern? I love that fuscia colorway. My favorite. Those socks are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, do not finished project quickly! I LOVE your yarns and your socks. Both put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete