Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Sassy Pants

Whenever I'm feeling relatively awesome, as if I could conquer the world, something humbling happens and I am forced to come back down to earth.

That SOMETHING would be these socks.


My Mom gifted me these skeins of Turtle Purl yarn last fall. 


I'm not a fan of yarn with stellina so I had not planned on keeping them.



I cast them on a US1 circular, two at a time, 60 sts each sock.

Like a boss.

Like I do this ALL THE TIME.
 

Or so I thought...


When I began to reduce stitches for the toe the stitch count was off.

One side of one sock was SHORT 4 STITCHES....really?!?

So I closed the toes, picked up the heel stitches, and closed the heels, and moved on. Socks...done.

They fit fine, I will keep them, and I like them (sparkly/twinkly yarn and all).

No one will ever know, right?


I have moved on and am currently obsessed with this colorway from SSYC's house brand, Poste Yarn. The colorway is...Ghost Town, I believe.


I'm beyond this photo and am almost to the toe on the second sock. 

I can't knit them fast enough.


This little gem arrived in my mailbox this afternoon. I enjoyed a little Amaretto and some quiet time after work with the first story.

I will need to pace myself, maybe one story per day, otherwise I'll stay up all night and read it in one sitting!

Linking up with Nicole's KCCO and Ginny's Yarn Along!

Later!

Melissa
 

25 comments:

  1. I like the socks! That book looks like a lot of fun. I have a hard time pacing myself on books...if it is good I tend to read the whole thing as quickly as possible :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is pretty fun. I catch myself laughing out loud. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. These socks look so fun! I am sure nobody will notice the stitch number discrepancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore them a couple days ago for the first time. At first I didn't notice at first, but then one sock started sagging down my leg...oh well, they're pretty!

      Delete
  3. How did I not know about this book? I just added it to Goodreads. I checked out Turtle Purl last week and I can't express how difficult it was to not buy any. I have way too much sock yarn to use up first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Donna! Trying to work through my stash and it seems impossible!

      Delete
  4. I suddenly have an urge to knit striped socks! Yours are both gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the socks. That book looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic sock colorways! I need to read that book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom seems to help me pick colors that are 'out of the box' for me.

      Delete
  7. I am saving the book for a weekend when I can speed right through it! Lovely socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be no problem, its a very quick read, and very funny!

      Delete
  8. I like everything about this post ;-) The good enough attitude for socks that look perfect even if you know there's a teeny tiny flaw, lovely yarn, a good book and a glass of Amaretto. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a boozy knitter. I love my knitting AND my cocktails!

      Delete
  9. Your socks looks wonderful and I have heard such good things about that book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that Ghost town!! Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes get overwhelmed by the choices on SSYC's website. Too many choices!

      Delete
  11. I keep seeing this book pop up everywhere. I'm gonna have to look it up arent I? I like the socks! two at a time. wowzer never tried that. Glad you like them and are keeping them regardless of the "flaw" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be afraid of Two at a TIme socks! I learned from watching you tube videos. It only takes a few minutes, find a quiet corner and jump right in.

      Delete
  12. I made a lovely pair of aran braid, cabled socks for myself once and found that I was off by a couple sts when I got to the toe decreases. I didn't want to redo it, so I just made the other sock with the same mistake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I was NOT so bothered by it that I would re-knit the entire sock. No way.

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous colourways, I love those rainbow socks especially. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E, I know how much you love bight, rainbow yarns. Thanks for stopping by. Its good to hear from you!

      Delete