Friday, June 13, 2014

A MOST VERY SPECIAL MAN

My cousin P has been asking his wife for hand knit socks for some time.


I bought this Three Irish Girls yarn quite a while ago. It is The Giving Tree colorway inspired by the masot & colors of Sandy Hook Elementary. I love how people come together to support a community in such horrible pain. P is a LOVER of all things children: kids, books, games, Legos, etc. Some men were born to be great Dads and P is one of them. He works in Pediatric Cancer Research and I know he will love these socks and what they represent.


The pattern is Business Casual by Tanis Lavallee. I love, love, love, her simple, classic patterns.


I knit three pattern repeats on the leg, and four repeats on the foot.


I like how the socks definitely look masculine, without looking like camo. I hate am not a fan of camo.


P's wife texted me this photo. He put them on immediately after opening his gift yesterday. Looks pretty hot, eh? Gotta love those T-Wolves shorts.


I love him so much. Happy Birthday P!

We are in Graduation Party Central mode. Two tonight, & three tomorrow. My "Thanksgiving pants" may have to come out sooner than later.

Have a fantastic weekend Knitters!

Later!

M

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! These look fantastic! I definitely need to get to work on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those T-Wolves shorts, GAH! He even shovels in them...
    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete