Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I just coudn't take it any more

I have been in a Finish Four pattern.

Finish Four already started knitting projects BEFORE starting a new one. Sheesh, what was I thinking?

I've finished 12 projects in the last 6-7 weeks and have finally found myself WITHOUT A PAIR OF SOCKS ON THE NEEDLES! The Horror...

My recent interest obsession with Opal sock yarn has left me with six, okay seven, skeins of crazy sock yarn on hand.

I started these socks last night and am Pee Your Pants excited to work on them. As you can see, I ate my lunch in my car this afternoon while on my daily bank run. I snuck in a few rows before I drove back to work.

A simple 64 stitch sock on US Size 1 circulars. I love, love, love them.



I also have had these two characters under foot for a few days.
 
 
BigC had a few days off from her summer job and decided to come home for a few days. She brought Madison home with her too! He quickly found the rhythm of our home relaxing and wriggled his way into our routine.

I was able to take the day off yesterday to spend with BigC, and we had a fantastic day together. I think at this point our kids simply need our time. Every moment with her is so very important to me. She is turning out to be a spectacular human being.


Since she was home for a visit, and there was fresh rhubarb to pick, BigDaddy made us a treat. Warm strawberry rhubarb cake awaits...


This is what we look like waiting for the cake to cool off long enough to get a square out of the pan. We've been together for 26 years and have oodles of patience with each other...now patience for the first bite of that cake? None. We were salivating.

I'm late today, but will link up with Jinny & Tami as usual.

Later!

M

2 comments:

  1. Those socks look fabulous…one can never have too many skeins of sock yarn; handmade socks are becoming a thing I hear (or at least I keep telling myself that!). So jealous of your rhubarb…its one of my favorites, but I'm having a hard time finding it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cheater! JK! I love the socks! I am so happy you guys had a great visit! :) C is pretty amazing (she takes after her mom).

    ReplyDelete