Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Baby Steps

I have couple things in the hopper.

A Big Sister gift for Aubrey, whose baby brother or sister is due to arrive in July.


I found some mysterious Superwash in my Mom's stash and it was JUST enough to knit this (size 2T) TINY Leaves Cardi.


I love the mini-pools of color. Aubrey has dark hair and olive skin. This will be adorable on her next Fall/Winter.


This little gem knit up so quickly! I didn't write down my start date, but I'm pretty sure it took less than 2 weeks.


I had less than 2 yds of yarn left. Just enough to sew on buttons and keep the rest in case I need to fix the sweater at a later date.


Mmmmm...details.


I bought two skeins of Simpliworsted by Hikoo a couple years ago with plans for dainty, white, Lily of the Valley mittens. After several tries I finally gave in to the fact that aran weight yarn will never make something "dainty", no matter what the pattern is. Well maybe a blanket but...

So.

I settled on a modification of SBA's Waiting for Winter Mitts (aran yarn, smaller needles, smallest size mitten, and I extended the cuff), and a cable pattern from a pattern calendar I received a couple years ago.

The yarn is super squishy and luxe. The mittens fit MY hands perfectly, and I love, love, love them!

Joining Ginny today and looking forward to everyone's projects!

Later!

M

2 comments:

  1. Love the Tiny Tea Leaves, I will have to try that project, it's so sweet. Your winter mitts are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mitts look divine. Your baby jacket looks very similar to one I knit recently. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete