Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Stripe-y Goodness.

I have an Etsy shop. There's not much on it right now, but I'm hoping to reload it soon. I have the itch to dye. Bad.

I have a couple color combos I want to work on, in both variegated and self striping.

Most, if not all, of my personal knitting is done with yarn from Etsy sellers. There are many large yarn producers out there cranking out high quality yarns, but I prefer the creativity of independent sellers and small companies. Like me!

I bought a few skeins of Quaere Fibre last year. One as a gift and 2-3 for myself.



Janel doesn't have many of these self striping skeins left. I believe this one is the Patchwork colorway. These 150g skeins allow me to knit a longer leg (8") and use as much of the yarn as I can.




The stripes are short and fly off the needles. So. Much Fun.



Hoping to finish these over the weekend. I'm almost to the heel flap now.

Looking to link up with Ginny in the morning.

Later!

M


10 comments:

  1. Wow, I love those socks! I haven't dyed in ages and am itching to get back into it. Hope you manage to get some done this week. It sure is addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute socks! :) Very colorful and bright. They will put a smile on your face every time you wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks! I love the bright colors! I've used some of Janel's yarn before and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just watching the Knit Girllls podcast and Laura was knitting with the same yarn. From one Etsy seller to another - I agree that I like to support my fellow indie makers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the Podcast after you mentioned it. I think she had a much older skein. Mine is a 150 g skein that is 465 yds (I think). Fun to knit nonetheless!

      Delete
  5. Love the stripes, this is one cheerful pair of socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you are working on - stripes make me soo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a peek at your etsy shop. So there may not be much on it yet, but what's there is super super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Natalie! That means a lot to me!

      Delete
  8. I love your brightly colored socks! This is such lovely yarn. It looks like it's a little thicker than fingering weight? Greetings from California!

    ReplyDelete