Friday, February 22, 2013

Bright Spot.

Today is a beautifully snowy Friday.

I, however, had to drive 34 miles to work in it. Totally CRAPTASTIC.

The bright spot of my day is that I get to go home to this, my order from Three Irish girls. I ordered two skeins of each color from the Knitters for Newtown benefit offer. I think in the works are hats for the men in my life and socks for the ladies.

My heart started to pound...




Then skipped a beat...




Once I got a peek I GIGGLED.





Love the sweet & simple shamrock stamp!





And then this: yummy, yummy, yummy.







I can't wait to get home tonight and get it all wound into balls.


I won't start anything for a week or so. I promised Dee I would help with a baby gift. Dee is at THAT age, where everyone in her life is either pregnant or has a new baby. I offered to help by knitting a Chalice Blanket for her, because committing to knitting 23 rows per day for the next 6 weeks is just too much pressure and takes all the fun out of knitting something special for a friend.

This is how far I knit yesterday as I waited for my hair appointment. I am using Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Hot Green. Very fun for someone who hasn't had a baby in 15 years!






Big weekend of wrestling for my son tomorrow. Good luck to you, young fella. I sure Love you a lot.

Later Knitters!

M




1 comment:

  1. I love it! I love the blanket, the color will make the pattern pop! Thank you for helping me with my blankets! Good luck C! He has had an amazing season!

    ReplyDelete