Monday, February 18, 2013

On a Dinner Plate?...Really?

Yikes! One week and so much to catch up on! Sheesh!

Claire and I are currently in Madison visiting the Vet Tech program at MATC. Weather permitting, we will be back home tomorrow.

Below are pictures of the Ichigo Tam I finished for my Mom. This is the first Tam I have ever made, thus the first hand knit item I have ever blocked on a dinner plate. It blocked out perfect, go figure.






My Mom was pretty excited about the hat, her surgery, notsomuch.

I only used half the skein of the Perfectly Posh Sport, so I knit a hat for Dee with the rest. Its called Etoile Hat. She loves it.

Dee brought me along to her knit group last night, and I finished the hat there. I enjoyed it very much. I don't have a knit group like that at home so I had a very nice time.









Dee bought me a skein of yarn from Knot Just Knits on a trip to Chicago last June. Yes, I started the socks right away, yes they made me crazy, YES I finally finished them! NO I will never make another pair again.
 
















I bought yarn for two projects this weekend:

For Me: Trinity Scarf in February Dream in Color. I love the deep, dark pinks and tinges of black...







For Claire: Calorimetry in Berroco Flicker.

She picked out a beachy, seafoam color with a sweet little button!






One more project!

Dee bought me ANOTHER yummy skein of yarn this past week. She went to her Madison Knitters Guild meeting and listened to Sharon from Three Irish Girls speak, and bought this skein there.

It is called Hawaii 5-0 in the Finley Fingering base, and is absolutely freaking delicious!

I started a pair of Toasty Twist Socks that I will call Hawaiian Twist Socks. Oh my!


Whew! I know that was a lot, but thanks for visiting!

Later Knitters!

M


No comments:

Post a Comment