Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rainy/Sleety/Snowy Sunday

Two days in a row? Can you handle this?

 
I fully intend to finish and block this Ichigo Tam for my Mom today. I take her in for some minor surgery tomorrow and would like her to have something fun to wear when she comes out of anethstesia. It was quick to knit and a very pretty pattern, but I have to say I'm not fond of passing slipped stitches over on such a short circular needle (too many stitches to control on DPNs. It was making ladders on the corners.). It was tight and awkward. I'm wondering if it would look similar if the (Sl1, K2, PSSO) was changed to a (YF K2 YB)...I might try a swatch with my left over yarn.








I cast on the lace edge for my All About Love Shawl. It is a 7 stitch wide, 4 row repeat pattern. After I knit about 140 repeats, I will pick up 225-230 stitches for the regular pattern of the shawl and truly get started. I'm not usually this patient, but I love, love, love how this lacy edging blocks out.

Looks like a dicey weather day here in MN. After a dusting of snow around 4:30 this morning, we now have freezing rain and are looking forward (?) to anywhere from 3-9 inches of snow over the next 24 hours. yipee.

Later knitters!
M

1 comment:

  1. In spite of how much you disliked the slip stitch on this project, your tam is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete