Friday, March 21, 2014

FO Friday: Not today

These Paintball Socks have been on my needles for a while and I feel the need to finish the second sock today. When I pulled it out of the bag I didn't realize how little of the second sock I had completed.


SO. We'll see.

I am home sick today with Strep, a sinus infection, and a double ear infection. Feeling terrible does not provoke much knitting, but what else am I going to do all day? Maybe a will rent the new Hunger Games flick and knit away the afternoon.

Yesterday was the first day of spring. Today's Twin Cities weather brings sleet, snow, then later sunshine and 40 degree (F) temps. Mother Nature can be such a fickle sort. This is the view out my bedroom window. Hopefully you can see the light, fluffy snowflakes in the photo.


These are the shots I took while knitting the first sock.


As a dyer, I like to "disect" skeins of yarn. Meaning I do my best to reskein the yarn into its dye pattern once I receive it. This skein of Bohemia yarn didn't stripe, pooled in very small increments, and the overall affect is s true blend of color. I love to learn how dye patterns change the look of a sock.


Slip stitich heel flaps are my favorite for variegated yarn.


This toe style seems to be growing on me too.



Sometimes life is all about perspective.


 And dontcha wish your calves were just a little thinner? I do.



Here's to Spring, Healing, and Knitting!

Later!

M

1 comment: