Thursday, March 6, 2014

Update: Opposites Attract

Two things today, really:

1. I've maintained this blog for a couple years, with entries here and there as I finished projects. There was no real focus or routine, just me, my knitting, and my thoughts. I had ONE follower. She is the greatest of friends and another avid knitter, but I needed some positive reinforcement from someone who doesn't know me. Yesterday I linked my blog entry to a Knit Along (with Jinny) and received a gift. The gift of knowing I belong somewhere. My blog had over 100 pageviews yesterday and I could not be more grateful, not just for everyone's comments, but sharing part of YOUR day with ME. I am so very thankful. Thank You all. It MADE. MY. DAY.

2. I thought I would throw out an update on my Opposites Attract Socks.

I finished the first sock in the Isolde colorway. Toe up patterns are not my favorite, but wanted to use every possible inch of this delicious yarn. Once I reached the last pattern repeat of the Scylla pattern, I began to panic. After each row I weighed the ball, carefully measuring what I would need to maximize the skein. I still shorted myself. By the time I bound off the cuff, I realized I had enough to do another half-repeat before starting the cuff. Rats.

 
The color is a little "off" in these photos. The yellow is a little brighter than this. Holy cow am I sick of winter...
 
I'm not jazzed about the single purl stitch that frames the pattern on the top of the foot, or the huge hole at the top of the gusset.

 
Just keep knitting...
 
 
I DO love the stitch pattern. I have a love for variegated yarns and patterns like this keep your eye moving instead of focussing on pools of color here & there.
 

I will definitely make these socks again, with a few pattern changes...maybe with my own hand dyed yarn. I have a few new color combinations in mind.

Later! Thanks for visiting!

M

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment