Wednesday, March 12, 2014

NoNo Bear socks

I have never met a little kid that loves hand made socks more than this boy. We call him The Bear, he is my cousin's son, and I just love him to pieces.
 
I started a pair of plain socks (K3P1 rib) in some scraps of light fingering yarn his Mom had given me. I found a basic patterin in a book on my shelf, found one I liked in the right stitch count, and knit one sock in an afternoon. I was tickled, but needed the Bear to try it on before I made the other.



He tried it on during their visit this past weekend...and refused to take it off. He played in it, slept in it, shovelled snow in it. And pestered me incessantly for the other...




I started and finished the second sock on Saturday (what we referred to as Jammy Day), and he couldn't have been happier. I have enough extra yarn to make him several more pairs, and trust me, with a kid that appreciates hand knit socks like this one, I will be making him plenty more!
 
I am joining Ginny & Tami's Amis today. Thanks for your visit!
 
Later!
 
M
 

7 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to have an appreciative recipient, isn't it? And with those socks, who WOULDN'T be thrilled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you just cannot refuse a little boy who is begging for hand knit socks. I love knitting for people like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks! No wonder he loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet blog post ... these socks are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw bless him, I'm not surprised he doesn't want to take them off. He sounds very knit worthy! Gorgeous socks too

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable!!! Of course you are going to inundate him with socks!!! I had a grandson who used to love grandma-socks; would only wear grandma-socks which put a bit of pressure on grandma since his mommy didn't do laundry quite as often as needed to keep him in clean socks. (he could go through 2-3 pair on a good outdoor play-day!) But, alas, he grew up and grew out of grandma-socks, but the funny thing is.....he still is uber particular about his socks. (Will use birthday $$ to buy socks....he's 10!!)

    ReplyDelete