Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Heather be thy name

I picked up a few skeins of sock yarn about a month ago, on clearance, at Michaels. A place where I rareley every buy yarn.

I think I have turned into a yarn snob as I only buy yarn, needle, books, patterns at a couple LYS.

I quickly knit up this Pattons Kroy Socks into some fingerless mittens to wear at work. They are tight-tight-tight so that I can still key at my regular speed.

The speed at which I can knit socks or mittens on circular needles has taken over my knitting (ChiaGoo Red stainless steel are my new faves). I purchased 3-4 sets of 40" circs to knit socks on, but going back to a set of bamboo needles and this rougher wool yarn was certainly a bit of a throw-back pleasure.


The stripe lineup is not perfect, but if you know me, you know that doesn't matter. The product is home made and that's how I like it.
Joining Ginny today.
 
Later!
 
M
 
 

13 comments:

  1. looks great to me!!! (all my socks are fraternal twins! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm not a matchy-matchy kind of knitter.

      Delete
  2. Your mitts look great. I think I am turning into a yarn snob too, but the yarn I am using for my socks is from Michael's too, found it buried deep in my stash. But you know what? I really like how it's turning out and might have to pay a visit to Michael's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fraternal twin socks are just as fun, in my opinion. My Chiagoos are my favorite needles overall these days. I am partial to my Sock Rockets though, with my Karbonz DPNs coming in after that for socks. I tried knitting on bamboo a few weeks ago and I couldn't do it. Amazing how we grow and change as knitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have to go back to where we started, just to find out how far we've come! I started on metal straight needles. Yikes.

      Delete
  4. I have a few different pairs of fingerless mitts to wear at work. I don't think I could function without them. My desk is one of those old metal military green desks and it is so COLD to rest my hands and arms on while I type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that colorway and your mitts are awesome! Fraternal is cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mitts!! I agree homemade is always best!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! It is very popular yarn. I love how simple it looks.

      Delete
  8. I love the colors! Cute mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your color choices. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete