Friday, May 23, 2014

FO Friday: Becoming ...what?

My kids gifted me two skeins of this beatiful Becoming Art yarn in the Blue Moon colorway last year for either my Birthday or Mothers Day. I love every colorway from this dyer and the base yarn is just delicious. Flows through your fingers like butter.


The base color is a deep megenta/purple with flecs of lemon, tangerine, and lime. Mmmm...

Don't you love it when knitters equate colors with food? Can you tell I'm starving this morning?




I always have photos of my knitting - while drinking coffee. My most favorite time to knit is Saturday and Sunday mornings, in the quiet serenity of my house while Big Daddy and Little C are still asleep.

I laid this out on the floor and its HUGE. Love it. Not quite sure why I don't have a photograph of that...I must have been in awe.

The pattern is Simple Lines by maanel. The lace pattern on the bottom edge is what I liked best about the pattern, but ended up running short on yarn so omitted it from the shawl <<pout>>. As my yarn ball dwindled, I repeated the eyelet row a few times and used a stretchy bind off so I can really open it up when I block it.

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes for my brother. It is very much appreciated. His condition, situation, and circumstances have not changed but we continue to hope and pray he makes it through this trial with dignity and that he receives the health care he so very badly needs.

Have fantastic Memorial Day weekend Friends!

Later,

M



No comments:

Post a Comment