Tuesday, May 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Socks! and a Mothers Day gift

My husband adores me. I know this. He tells me this.

He just doesn't appreciate 6-8 (well, maybe more) knitting projects strewn all over the house every day of the week.

This little baby is the solution to his problem. Because, of course, the problem is HIS. ;)


Ironically this Pier1 gem was delightfully gift wrapped for Mother's Day in some desk blotter paper that I've been coveting saving since about 1986. You know, for the leather edged desk blotter I don't even OWN any more? He's awesome. Why keep looking at it? What are we going to DO with it? Lets wrap her present in it!

Okay. WIPs. Here we go.

I'm back to my "Finish Four" goal.

I have two shawls and two pairs of socks on the needles. Lets talk about the two pairs of socks.


 I bought this mint & loden yarn on clearance at my LYS for MAYBE $5 about 3 years ago. There was no label on it at the time. I'm not thrilled with how the yarn striped vertically down the leg of the sock, but I LOVE how springy and squishy the yarn is. These socks will be TOAST-Y!


You can even see, on the leg of the sock, up by the first orange stripe on my notebook, where I spilled coffee on it last Friday.

Lets just say I was carrying too many things on my way out to the garage and poured coffee from my travel mug into my knitting bag.

Shhh...I won't tell if you won't.


My Knitting Buddy bought me this skein of Cascadia From Yarnarchy.

The colors spoke to me, and I love, love, love these socks!


Size 1 needles, plain 64 st socks, 2x2 rib cuff, heel flap, etc.
 


I love close up photos of heel flaps. Have you figured that out yet?


And the CUTEST stitch marker EVER! Also hand made by my Knitting Buddy. She's the best.

Hoping all you Mommy's had a fantastic weekend. Looking forward to what is on everyone's needle this week. Joining Ginny and Tami as usual!


Later!

M

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitch marker, all the projects are amazing but if I had to pick one it would be the mint and loden yarn, for some reason the colours are just talking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks! I do like the funky striping and pooling on the mint and loden socks. They do look like they are going to be super warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! Wait until you see the second sock..crazy striping. Wierd how one sock pooled and the other striped.

      Delete
  3. lovely socks, the first ones have some great pooling

    ReplyDelete