Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Birthday Socks

Irony.
 
Now that its been 80 and Sunny in MN, I've almost finished yet another pair of wool socks.
 
That I won't wear until September.
 
Please excuse my chubby legs in this photo. That's how we Pasty White Girls look in May. I will not allow my legs to be photographed again until at least July. I promise.
 
 
This is my Birthday yarn, Cascadia by Yarnarchy. Fun colors, yummy base yarn, quick stockinette stitch sock in just my size.

 
I'm hoping to finish them in the next few days, but may have to put them on hold so that I can spend some time on the golf course. Our son competes today and tomorrow in the Section golf tournament. Hopefully he makes the cut and will play again tomorrrow. Looking for an individual berth to the MN State Golf Tournament. So Excited!
 
Joining Ginny and Tami today.
 
Happy Hump Day! Later!
 
M
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking socks! And yeah - this white girl is looking pretty pale as well. If the weather ever warms up and we see the sun I may allow my legs (and the rest of me) to be photographed. Its in the 50s today. Not very promising.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the socks! Pasty white is the norm in May. For some in my family it is the norm year round as they burn and never tan so they always use copious amounts of sunscreen. Nobody cares that they aren't tan. They want to avoid a family history of skin cancer.

    ReplyDelete