Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ooooh, Summertide


When we returned from vacation last Saturday I popped in to my LYS, Amazing Threads, to pick up some yarn for the Summertide Shawl MKAL.


Clue One was a no-brainer, but I love the texture.


Clue Two took some serious focus. I'm not proficient at M1R & M1L, so this section took me the bulk of three or four evenings to complete.


The shawl is crescent shaped so I'm not too concerned about the edge being too tight. I really like the separation of the edge from the shawl. Girly.


I have some time to continue these afterthrought heel socks until Clue Three comes out.


This yarn is TurtlePurl Sock in the City Girl Colorway. Very fancy striping pattern. Love it.

That's all for now! Quick & dirty before I'm off to work this morning. Linking up with Nicole's KCCO and Ginny's Yarn Along today. Can't wait to see what you all have on the needles!

Later!

Melissa

12 comments:

  1. the shawl is beautiful, i adore everything about it. the color of the yarn, the texture and the lacy like edge, making it quite feminine!!!

    the socks are great, with a pippy longstockings feel ;)......and you know i LOVE the color!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous socks! I love the yarn you are using, they just look great in it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much.They're pretty fancy for me. My socks carry a relatively casual theme. Maybe these will be 'dress up' socks.

      Delete
  3. beautiful work, I cannot pick whether I like the shawl or the socks better, they are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the self striping socks! I wish I liked knitting socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I with I loved knitting something that's NOT socks! Ha! Thanks for stopping by !

      Delete
  5. You have lovely things going here! I really like the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shawl and lovely socks! I think they are both really beautiful! I really like the colorway of your shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really a lovely shawl you created. I love the lace pattern
    And the socks looks great. Wishing you a wonderful day, Pat

    ReplyDelete