Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sock Blank Experiment: Done!

I just squeezed these photos in before the sun went down. Whew!

Using my camera with a low light setting is literally a shot in the dark for me. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not. I DO like the photos much better than with my phone. The color is more true and so much richer. (I did snap some quick shots of my hydrangeas with my phone before I came in. The bugs decided to gnaw on my ankles, so I had to come in.)


I dyed the sock blank in a rich yellow, bright pink, and straw green. (East light)


My favorite part of these socks is the gusset. A transition in color and shape. (East light)


 Sweet, sweet beginnings. (West light)






I always giggle at the end-shape of socks I make for myself. I prefer a longer, slouchy leg section, and the foot to be snug. Thus they always look a little elf-ish to me. They fit perfectly, but they still make me giggle.

There are a few more pictures posted @willowponddyeworks on Instgram.

Just a reminder: There is a skein in these same colors for sale on my Etsy site, its variegated, not self striping.

This is what I snapped quickly with my phone just as the mosquitoes were rising up out of the grass.


This is an older hydrangea that is a little light-starved under our flowering crab, but pretty nonetheless.


The tiny, delicate petals fascinate me.


A Gerbera Daisy my husband brought back to life.


These are a couple of hydrangeas my husband bought me for Mother's Day. The heads are HUGE and all three plants are very heavy with blooms.



The blooms on this Lime plant are bigger than my head!

Looking very forward to seeing everyone's progress this week. Linking up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams tonight and Ginny"s yarn along in the morning. 

Later knitters! Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful socks and flowers Melissa. I love all the pretty photos. I think one of the benefits to sock knitting is being able to custom fit them to what we like and you did a wonderful job on your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome socks! I get tempted to take pics on my phone because they don't come out all that bad. But for true colors there is nothing like a good camera. Very nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - The colour of your socks is amazing! You've taken some very nice photos of your flowers as well - thanks for the garden tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun socks! The colors are so rich and bright. You're right they do look a little elvish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding socks, and pretty flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks are fabulous and I love a good gerbera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a dyer, so I don't know how you got this yarn, but the socks are pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete