Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Vacation: Take 2

Victor and I bought a time share week in Spirit Lake, IA almost 25 years ago. This is the FIRST time we've come down here with no kids. Yikes.

It's been a fabulous week so far. We have a couple more relaxing days left.

Our view for the week. Since its after Labor Day, the resort is very quiet. Just the soothing sound of waves lapping the shore all day. Peace & Serenity!


We had a visitor Monday night to watch football with.


I've finished two pairs of socks since leaving home last Friday!

The first is this pair of my own hand dyed. I love the subtle striping with pops of bright colors.


I will definitely be ordering this base stock again. It knits up so smoothly. I am very, very pleased with it.
 

I usually take strange closeups of heels. The gussets of these sock speak to me. 

This one has a pool of blue that landed right on the highest part of my arch.


This one has that same pool right in the gusset. 



Speaking of my own hand dyed. I put the entire stock of Willow Pond Dyeworks on a Free Shipping setting until I get back in town. You just have to wait until Saturday for me to ship it.

The second pair of completed socks is this pair from Knitterly Things in the Joyous colorway. My kids bought me two skeins of self striping socks yarn for Christmas last year. Yes, I have a deep stash.

I'm going to wait to voice my full opinion on this yarn until I've knit with the other skein. I'm not sure if this is the intentional dye style of Knitterly Things, or if my daughter ordered a Seconds skein. The light blue is very saturated, the rest are not.  There are lots of white spots in between color changes and where the yarn ties were. They are fun socks nonetheless! Great color mix!


I also tried a new slip stitch/wrap stitch heel. It s not as neat & tidy as a heel flap, but helps carry  the stripes better for the remainder of the sock.


Loving the Vera Bradley bag Dee bought for me in Door County. I love this fabric and it matches my shades.


Next of my needles (after lunch maybe?) is this self striping from Turtle Purl Yarns in the City Girl colorway.


I will have to catch up with all the projects when we get home on Friday, but linking up for the Yarn Along and KCCO for now. Have a great Wednesday!
 
We are headed out for lunch and some shopping. Whoop Whoop!

Melissa

1 comment: