Thursday, April 24, 2014

FO Friday: Opposites Attract Socks


When I first saw these Barking Dog pairings I melted, I KNEW I had to order some.

My knitting buddy gifted me these two skeins, Tristan & Isolde, a few months ago and I couldn't wait to cast them on.


I like to think I'm pretty good a matching a colorway with an appropriate pattern, or no pattern at all. Bound and determined to use every single inch of these skeins, I dove into knitting two different socks, both from the toe up.

I quickly learned that I despise am not fond of knitting socks from the toe up. We all have our preferences. Mine is the cuff down method I can knit in my sleep.

The first sock flew off my needles in a frenzy of hurryupIcantwaittoweartheseawesomesocks!





Whew. That was exhausting.

Then I got stuck.

Was I really brave enough to knit two socks...in what is really two colorways..in two different patterns?

Yep.

The second sock sat for a bit, waiting for me to muster up the courage.

And off I went into the lunacy of knitting two socks that don't match, but kinda look like they go together.





Aaaaand, done!

The second sock (green) is most definitely my favorite. I have half a mind to rip out the first (shorter, UGH) sock, and knit the same Socks on a Plane pattern.

The other half of my mind says eat your Dove Dark Chocolate Bunny and shut up.



The Easter Bunny knows me so well. This poor fella never had a chance.

Hoping you all had a Blessed Easter.

I will be joining Tami today.       http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/

Later!

M

9 comments:

  1. Love the yarn. I don't think I could wear two different socks myself. I get so self conscious even though no one will see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I like the shorter sock pattern too. That "honeycomb" stitch pattern is cool. What's the pattern name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I knew I had forgotten something. The pattern for the yellow sock is Scylla, by Fiona Bennett and is free on Ravelry. Very pretty sock!

      Delete
  3. Oh, the horror!! Such carnage to post on a blog. I might not recover. I like the 2nd sock, but then I am AR/OCD so it would drive me crazy having non matching socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It is not necessary for my socks to match perfectly. I prefer them to be a little different. I think it adds to the handmade feel. This "two socks/two colors/two patterns", however, is pushing the envelope for me.

      Delete
  4. Who said socks have to match, anyway? I think both are great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They don't match and it makes my eye twitch a bit (LOL) but you know me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second one, the green one better too. Also think the yarn looks better with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of having matched mismatched socks. I might have to try it some day.

    ReplyDelete