Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Opposites Attract Socks












After struggling through a pattern and knitting style I wasn't quite comfortable with, I found one I cannot put down. The first of my Opposites Attract socks truthfully felt like a chore. While I love the finished sock, the toe up method has proven to be uncomfortable to me. I started my second sock in Socks on a Plane by Laura Linneman and couldn't be happier. The 6 stitch cable is a little bit of interest while the colors of the yarn are allowed to float through the solid body of the sock. What a great match.


I love close up photos of knitted items.


Especially a neat & tidy toe.



My Mothers Day coffee mug has turned into my new yarn bowl.



Sweet little cables make my heart sing.
 

I'm joining Jinny, Tami & KCCO today. I can't wait to see what everyone else has on their needles this week!

Later!

M


11 comments:

  1. I'm a cuff down sock lover so toe up hurts my head just thinking about it :) lovely socks and I love your new mug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I can knit cuff down socks "with my eyes closed". Perhaps I need to challenge myself more often with toe up socks.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely calming colour yarn you are using. Popping over from Keep Calm Craft on

    Candace - usthreebythesea.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love cables! I need to finish my naive socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors. Very complimentary. I am doing my first pair of toe up socks and while I don't think I'll knit every pair like that, I don't mind it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. It feels good to step 'out of the box' every once in a while. It keeps me from knitting the same thing over and over. Thanks for your visit Donna!

      Delete
  5. That pattern on has been on my queue for ages ~ lovely to see yours knitting up so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is so simple. When you DO eventually make them, please share your project!

      Delete