Friday, April 11, 2014

FO Firday: Kersti Lintilla

This is yet another find in my Mom's stash. It took me a while to decide what to make with FIVE skeins of KPPPM Kersti in this yummy orange color. This color and vibrancy   is really outside of my Mom's comfort zone. I'm not sure what possessed her to buy it, but I fell in squishy love immediately.



I started this Lintilla shawl by Martina Behm over a year ago. So long ago that I would have to check the date stamp on the first photos I took. This was item #1 of my Finishing Pact with D.

 

I got bored pretty quickly. Not the fault of the designer, very normal for me. I'm a great starter, I suck at finishing things. I found this half finished in a box downstairs and the color drew me in once again.


 
I plugged away, the ruffle sections adding up quickly. Per the pattern directions, I needed to begin the final ruffled edge when there was approximately 25% of yarn left. In retrospect, I began this final push having less than 20% in my ball of yarn. This is just how I do things sometimes. Many call it creativity, I just call it doing things half-assed. That's how I roll.


 
As you can see, I was exactly ONE RUFFLE SHORT. Dang. 

I was not about to frog back three days worth of knitting for something I could ad lib, and live with the final product.







 
As the terrible selfie shows, I wore it to work Wednesday. It was a little too warm in our building so I took it off before lunch but I love how soft, squishy and warm it is! I also love the length. I am constantly shifting, standing up, sitting down, going up and down stairs, leaning into and over file cabinets, etc. the length allows me to have the tails trail behind with plenty of shawl in front to show off and keep me warm.

I am joining Tami again today for FO Friday and looking forward to everyone's progress this week!

Later! 

M


4 comments:

  1. Lovely - the colour is gorgeous. I have just finished Miss Winkle, I think Martina's patterns lend themselves so well to that variegated yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! Your Miss Winkle is beautiful. Love that soft purple. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. So cute - nice job! I love the colors - made my daughter a Broncos cowl in a similar color back in Dec.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Orange is outside of my "safety zone" so it was a pretty brave jump for me. I peeked at your blog. Your grandson is adorable!

      Delete