Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Simple Lines Shawl

My kids gave me two skeins of this DELICIOUS Becoming Art yarn last year for my Birthday. I looked for a shawl design that had a little bit of stitch work to keep me interested, but mainly knit stitiches to show off the pops of color in this colorway (New Moon).


I started the shawl not long after the yarn came in the mail. Something else must have stolen my focus because I found this unfinished project last week while looking for projects to finish. My Knitting Buddy and I made pact: Finish 4 projects before starting another. This is #3 for me, so I'll have a couple FO Friday items lined up to share soon.


I love the pops of bright yellow, tangerine, and hot pink.


Ans the yarn is soooo squishy soft.


We bought The Golden Child (our 16 year old son) some wheels a couple weeks ago. This investment has given my husband the opportunity to take advantage of certain priviledges (pulling rank!) in order to get chores done around the house.

Such as: instead of hounding The Golden Child for weeks to crush the aluminum cans in tha garage, Big Daddy just dumps them all out in his new car's parking spot.

Problem solved.




I will be linking up with Ginny & Tami today. I am once again looking forward to an update on everyone's projects!

Later!
M




8 comments:

  1. Project 3!!!! Oh my goodness, I am still on project 2, with no end in sight. I think we should update the pact.... You have to finish 6 projects (me, only 3). Ha! Just Kidding :)
    I love the colorway!!!! Can't wait for your FO Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo many unfinished projects, so little paid time off work.

      Delete
  2. I love the pattern you are using!! And the yarn is absolutely amazing!!
    Neat trick with the 16-year-old! I'm going to file that idea away for later... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Becoming Art yarns. The colorways are fantastic.

      Delete
  3. I think you chose well to make the colors pop. Very pretty pattern! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! You always have such kind things to say!

      Delete
  4. OK, does the can crushing come because he drives his car over them? LOL, or is it he picks them up and crushing them the normal way to clear the space for his car. Love the yarn and the shawl pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can crushing was with his foot, one can at a time. Gotta love a Dad with attitude. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete