Thursday, April 17, 2014

FO Friday: Grasshopper Girasole

Wow.

Sometimes I even surprise myself.


I finished this Girasole Circular Shawl about a week ago (maybe longer?), but just soaked it and set it out last night.

This puppy is HUGE, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!


Its hard to see the green apple color in these pictures because of the drab blocking towels underneath. :(


My favorite is this sunflower piece in the center.


I wasn't too jazzed about the purl-looking, knit-on edging, but it was simple, quick, and easy to remember. When you have to knit 6 rows just to bind off 3 stitches, and you have 630+ stitches...you want something that's easy to remember. Yes, that means there's 210+ points on the edging. Yikes.


I decided not to block it with pins because I don't have enough...pins...or patience.

I'm an instant gratification kind of girl.

This is why I never...finish...anything.

So, I'm hoping this is dry so that I can bring it with me on our trip out of town for Easter. I packed other things to wear to Mass, but would like to snuggle under this beauty at some point.

Maybe we can have some private time together in the car... 

Have a great weekend Friends, and have a Happy Easter! He is Risen!

Later!

M

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! It was dry this morning, so I wore it to work. Keep plugging away on those one skein projects!

    ReplyDelete