Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Oops.



I have found myself in a place where I have tons of projects started and I need to be more disciplined about finishing a project before starting another. I followed through with a recent "pact" I made with D: finish 4 active/stash projects before starting a new one. I will continue in this pattern until all of my active projects have either been complete or frogged.

I bought several skeins of Koigu KPPPM on sale a couple months ago. These Tadpole Socks seemed to be a perfect match, and I must have started them not long after I purchased the yarn.

I picked these up on Saturday and continued where I had started months ago.

This pattern is easy to remember, so I quickly flew through a few pattern repeats and began the heel flap.

 
It is at this point that I usually try on my socks, to make sure things are fitting right.
 
I couldn't get it on past my heel.
 
I had started the sock many months ago...on the wrong size needles.
 
 
Needless to say I was frustrated. Another half-completed item that I have to rip out. But I love the yarn and wanted the socks to be for me, not someone considerably smaller.
 
So today the yarn is back to this ball, and I will try it again soon.
 
 

I'm looking forward to what everyone has on their needles today.
 
I will be joining Ginny & Tami today as soon as their WIP Wed pages are up!
 
Later!
 
M
 
 

10 comments:

  1. OH! I've so been there! Hugs... it was lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I Foresee a lot of frogging and starting over in my quest to de-stash.

      Delete
  2. That yarn is sooooo very soft once it's been washing. Best of luck on your socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I have gifted socks in KPPPM, but not yet kept any. I love the twist. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That yarn looked great with that sock pattern - why don't you start them in the right size now and you will have them finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've moved on to yet another unfinished pair of socks, but anticipate getting back to these shortly! Thanks again for your visit Carol. I enjoy hearing what you have to say!

      Delete
  4. Oof! That's a tough break. Love the pact you have going…wish I were that disciplined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started the pact because I have NO discipline - ironic!

      Delete
  5. Sorry you had to frog your socks, but that yarn is quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm selfish! I could have given them away, but I want to knit them RIGHT, and for ME. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete