Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Is it still Monday?

The weather is getting to me.

A few days of cold & rainy I can do.

We've had been teased with two or three really nice spring days in April, followed by 5-7 days of cold, cold temps and rain. Minnesotans are a tough people. I like to think I am a tough person. I've weathered through my 35 mile commute to work in several 12-14 inch snowstorms this past winter season while colleagues that live much closer have called in. It doesn't scare me.

But I've HAD IT. I'm done. I'm ready for Spring, and if it doesn't happen soon I'm going to need a padded room. (With lots of yarn)

This morning we have sleet, snow, and ICY cold rain. Bonechiller of a day.


Big Daddy made a big pot of home made chicken soup last Sunday. Loaded with my favorite noodles. It helped. I even brought some to work with me yesterday for lunch. Napping was not an option afterward :(

I finished these Mom's Cabled Mitts last Saturday thinking I wouldn't need then until the fall.
 


Wrong!
 
Even after a treat from Target, a pretty Spring color on my nails, squishy Berrocco Abode yarn, I'm still not convinced I will remain sane until Spring arrives in JUNE!
Grrr.....
 

 They look all shrively before you put them on. Like panty hose.



My Target treat. Pretty lavender nail polish. Mmmm....


 I even still have then on at my desk this morning.

Perhaps my venting is over for the day.

Perhaps not.

Only time will tell. That and some RumChada.

Have a warm & fuzzy day!

Later!

M



No comments:

Post a Comment